Early Strategic Marketing Manager, Oncology
Do you want to be part of a Swiss mid-size Biopharma focusing on developing disruptive oncology therapies? Debiopharm identifies early stage high-potential compounds for in-licensing, conducts ambitious clinical development to demonstrate safety and efficacy and then out-licenses them to large pharma partners for worldwide commercialization.
Are you passionate about transforming science into value? About bringing strategic thinking and commercial insights into development to maximize future success of a product?
Are you eager to influence cross-functional teams, set direction and deliver results?
We are looking for an Early Strategic Marketing Manager, Oncology with solid marketing expertise, strategic thinking and communication skills to join the Business Development & Commercial Insights Department.
The Early Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for building and integrating the Marketing strategy of oncology products into Debiopharm’s portfolio development plan in accordance with the company objectives. Development stage goes from preclinical to the start of Phase 3. He or she is the business representative in one or more Core Project Teams (CPT).
- Gather and analyze market insights (from external experts, Ad Board/KOL, Market research, potential out licensing partners, future prescribers, patient organizations) covering key global markets. Ensure these external input are used to shape the product & development strategy.
- Key contributor to the creation of market-driven products & disease area strategies, creating and refining target out-licensing profiles (TOP)
- Perform landscape assessment incl. market dynamics, remaining ‘white space’, patient journey, patient segmentation in order to drive Product Positioning and War Game, inform Business Ad Board, validate Out-licensing Value Proposition, define target Label
- Liaise with the communication team to identify communication needs and channels, creating opportunities to develop product awareness within target audiences
- Support the licensing team with assessment of business opportunity for new products with Market Intelligence team
- Build and implement advocacy plans in collaboration with Medical team
- Optimize Target Product Profile (TPP) development, with clearly differentiated competitive advantage and value proposition ensuring consistency with TOP
- Establish strong and productive relationship with key stakeholders and other team members (PMO, Medical, Clinical Operations, Legal, Regulatory etc.)
Additionally, the Global Early Strategic Marketing Manager is working closely with agencies and Clinical Operations to speed up enrollment, increase visibility, and secure optimal enrollment and retention of on-going trials, designing and implementing recruitment campaigns to engage both investigators and patients. Overarching objective being to optimize clinical studies and deploy best practices across pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree, in scientific or business discipline
- 8+ years of strong marketing background in a large/mid-sized pharmaceutical company
- In-line brand marketing experience in Oncology
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch
- Good balance of strategic mindset and operational experience
- International experience, working in matrix environment(s)
- Experience in leading and motivating agency partners to deliver high impact marketing and market shaping initiatives
- Experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers
- Demonstrated use of insights to deliver effective marketing strategies
- Thorough understanding of product positioning, product plan and brand development processes and necessary commercial touch points
- Effective cross-functional project team leadership and influencing skills
- Strong leadership attributes to generate commitment and constructively resolve issues
- Additional relevant technical degree or MBA
- Experience in bringing Marketing & Business perspectives in R&D projects and in positively influencing late stage development projects
- Expertise in using Marketing tactics into clinical trials to boost recruitment and motivate trials participants (patients & HCPs)
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Understanding of the R&D process and importance of integrating commercial and development strategy and plans
For this Job you also need:
- Scientific mindset
- Ability in thriving in ambiguity, with an entrepreneurial mind-set with a track record of exploring new ways of working
- Strong cross-functional collaboration track record
- Culture of questioning and constructive challenge to foster openness and candid dialogue
- Listening skills, carefully considering others’ perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict
- Significant level of ambition and motivation
- Resourceful, decisive and proactive; must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Sound judgment, high integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Effective stakeholder and relationship management experience; able to interact and build trusted relationships with multiple levels within and outside of Debiopharm