Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Search & Evaluation Department based in Lausanne we are looking for a:
Your main responsibilities:
- Bolster the in-licensing pipeline with innovative oncology and anti-infective products by:
- Developing new digital (web-based) scouting methodologies to identify licensing opportunities
- Engaging innovative centers of excellence for licensing opportunities
- Supporting scouting activities in selected territories
- Prepare and conduct partnering discussions with organizations at international events (partnering meetings, scientific meetings)
- Nurture regular pro-active contacts with high-potential companies and institutions having preclinical and early clinical therapeutic pipelines aligned with Debiopharm licensing focus
- Present and defend programs at internal meetings during the early stages of the evaluation process
- Facilitate follow-up interactions with potential partners for programs under internal evaluation
- Maintain the internal database of in-licensing programs up-to-date
- Collaborate with the evaluation and negotiation team during the in-licensing process.
Your profile :
- Advanced degree in life sciences (oncology or microbiology preferred)
- 2-4 years in sourcing therapeutic assets or business analysis in pharma/biotech
- Excellent mastery of database manipulations and web-based communication channels
- Business acumen, experience in partnering and licensing processes a plus
- Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation, coupled with a positive and a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Availability to travel (approx. 15-20%).
Debiopharm can offer you:
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.