Senior Scientist - Preclinical Safety/Toxicology
For our Translational Medicine Department and within our Preclinical Safety/Toxicology team, we are looking for a
Senior Scientist –Preclinical Safety
The Preclinical Safety team is dedicated to accelerating the development of new therapies for unmet medical needs by selecting the best safest drug candidates.
Your main responsibilities:
- Work in matrix organization in close collaboration with other Translational Medicine functions (DMPK, Pharmacology & Screening and Diagnostics/Personalized Medicine) to characterize the safety profile of our drug candidates:
- May represent the Translational Preclinical Safety function in the Translational Medicine Project Teams and global Team Projects;
- Manage preclinical research in Contract Research Organizations: design, monitor, and report the safety studies;
- Participate in compounds selection and safety profiling, including on/off target toxicity
- Perform mechanistic studies on toxicology findings
- Identify early toxicology biomarkers for preclinical and clinical studies
- Participate in the discussion with Clinical Research and Development team on safety aspects of drug development
- Contribute to the preparation of preclinical safety regulatory documentation (including IDB, summaries for IND and IMPD, briefing documentation)
- Participate in internal and external scientific communications (oral presentations, posters, publication).
- University degree in Life Science (PhD in relevant expertise area or equivalent in biomedicine)
- 5-8 years demonstrated experience in Preclinical Safety/Toxicology Research and drug development
- Experience in the pharma industry a strong asset
- Knowledge in preclinical research, including animal and in vitro studies
- Knowledge of GCP, GCLP and ICH guidelines and animal welfare regulations
- Scientific rigor, organizational skills
- Scientific interest, curiosity, motivation and excellent team spirit
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to influence through the matrix, demonstrated assertiveness and impact in communication
- Fluent in English
- Project management experience a strong asset
- Ability to travel (study monitoring visits)
Debiopharm can offer you:
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.