Associate Principal Scientist - Toxicology/Preclinical Safety
- Perform safety profiling and participate in compounds selection, including on/off target toxicity
- Provide toxicological expertise to multidisciplinary teams
- Manage preclinical safety studies in Contract Research Organizations: design, monitor, discuss and report the safety findings;
- Contribute to the preparation of preclinical safety regulatory documents (including IDB, summaries for IND and IMPD, briefing documentation)
- Perform mechanistic studies on toxicology findings
- Identify early toxicology biomarkers for preclinical and clinical studies
- Work in matrix organization in close collaboration with other Translational Medicine functions (DMPK, Pharmacology & Screening and Diagnostics/Personalized Medicine) to characterize the safety profile of our drug candidates:
- May represent the Translational Preclinical Safety function in the Translational Medicine Project Teams and global Team Projects;
- Participate in internal and external scientific communications (oral presentations, posters, publication).
- University degree in Life Science (PhD in relevant expertise area or equivalent in biomedicine)
- 5-8 years demonstrated experience in Toxicology/Preclinical Safety in drug development
- Experience in the pharma industry, oncology experience an asset
- Knowledge in preclinical research, including animal and in vitro studies
- Knowledge of GCP, GCLP and ICH guidelines and animal welfare regulations
- Scientific rigor, organizational skills
- Scientific interest, curiosity, motivation and excellent collaborative skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to influence through the matrix, demonstrated assertiveness and impact in communication
- Project management experience a strong asset
- Fluent in English
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Ability to travel (study monitoring visits)
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Translational Medicine Department and within our Preclinical Safety/Toxicology team, we are looking for a
Associate Principal Scientist – Toxicology/Preclinical Safety
The Toxicology team is dedicated to accelerating the development of new therapies for unmet medical needs by selecting the best safest drug candidates.
Your main responsibilities:
Debiopharm can offer you: