IT Data Scientist / R&D Application Manager
For our IT team based in Lausanne we are looking for an IT Data Scientist / R&D Application Manager.
The Application Manager will be in charge to develop, optimize, enhance, align and maintain the use and support of newly introduced enterprise applications. This function gives the opportunity to become part of a highly dynamic driven IT competence center with a primary focus on building a data driven Clinical R&D process.
The candidate will have the opportunity to explore and develop his or her innovative ideas to deliver a state of the art data-storage and warehouse within Pharma R&D.
Semantic search, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and visualization BI tools are few of the capabilities that will be part of this independent and autonomous function with a small dedicated team of IT professionals.
Your main responsibilities
- Define and develop the best practices for our Azure Cloud based data storage platform, data warehouse and those artefacts associated to effectively capture and take action to facilitate clinical operational and analytic solutions.
- Create, maintain and lead the document and data warehouse strategy and roadmap
- Manage semantic search platform SciBite and the pre-clinical database system Dotmatics (Chemistry and Biology ELN). Being the first point of contact for the application for end users in the organization.
- Lead the implementation and development of the O365 product suite, including but not limited to SharePoint Online.
- Lead the collection and documentation of unstructured and heterogeneously structured clinical and pre-clinical data sets from clinical and non-clinical studies, FDA.gov and EMA and other data management output in their respective repositories; inside as well outside Debiopharm.
- Lead the data program in standing up a centralized set of processes, achieving critical mass, and bring that ROI in data warehouse management to true scalability and usability with clinical development through implementation across centralized and federated solutions.
- Maintain a tight collaboration with key business stakeholders, external partners and subject matter experts to identify and realize opportunities to achieve break through business results through datamining and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize, coordinate and execute on complex projects, building collaborative cross functional teams to deliver on business needs
- Ensure that all measures for data quality, data governance, security and compliance of data are adhered to
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a technical analytical background and a hands-on application management attitude, being able to create, develop and maintain a (non)-clinical data warehouse system in Azure.
- Master degree in a data information driven field, including, but not limited to, Data Science or Bioinformatics
- Relevant work experience with Oracle, Java, Python or R with a primary focus of applying predictive analytics to large data sets (i.e. predictive modelling, machine learning).
- Knowledge of Semantic Search, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing data models
- Big Data Stores (Data Lake Store, SQL Data Warehouse)
- MS365 product suite and Azure (primarily big data batch processing) competence
- Data Intelligence, Dashboards, Visualizations (Power Bi, Cognitive services, bots, Cortana)
- Eager to learn and lead the development of new or currently used technologies for (Pharmaceutical) Data
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry
- Business professional French and English language
Debiopharm can offer you
- An international and highly dynamic environment, with a long term vision.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.