Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Search & Evaluation Department based in Lausanne we are looking for an:
To conduct the scientific evaluation of new opportunities (NOs) in the Oncology therapeutic area in order to propose robust, innovative and promising programs that fulfill portfolio needs and fill the development pipeline. The Evaluation Manager will cosely collaborate with the Head of Oncology, provide recommendations to the senior management as to the interest of acquiring a NO.
Your main responsibilities:
- Evaluate NOs in Oncology on the basis of scientific, medical and strategic criteria.
- Present the evaluated NOs at weekly triage meetings and propose Go/No Go recommendations.
- Elaborate the scientific questions to be discussed with the potential external partner and participate in TC to discuss their programs.
- Present and defend selected programs at internal Strategic Evaluation Committee meeting.
- Lead multidisciplinary evaluations (EVM).
- When reviewing new opportunities, suggest new avenues of investigation based on internal and/or external scientific data.
- Collaborate with the Head of Oncology in the coordination of the Due Diligence of NOs by integrating other functions of the company in a matrix environment.
- Ensure that the scientific data support the clinical development strategy and the TPP.
- Collaborate with the Head of Oncology in the delivery of consolidated recommendations to senior management on the interest to acquire a new program.
- Provide scientific support for the elaboration of term sheets and license agreements to the Director of BD&L.
- Participate in the transfer of in-licensed programs to project development teams.
- Maintain a high level of scientific expertise and a comprehensive understanding of the competitive environment in the Oncology therapeutic area.
- Maintain good communication between all departments involved in the due diligence.
- Identify NOs through exposure to the outside environment (e.g. scientific meetings, discussions with other companies).
Your profile :
- Advanced University degree in cancer research (PhD or equivalent)
- Min. 5 years of experience in R&D, with specialized knowledge in the evaluation of new molecules a plus. Experience covering discovery research and/or early clinical development;
- Analytical skills and global thinking;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Strong cross-functional collaboration track record;
- Leadership skills with ability to lead and manage a team in a matrix environment;
- Effective stakeholder and relationship management experience; able to interact and build trusted relationships with multiple levels within and outside of Debiopharm
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Pragmatic and realistic attitude;
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of French an asset.
Debiopharm can offer you:
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.