Senior Translational Scientist
Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Translational Medicine Department and within our Pharmacology and Screening team, we are looking for a
Senior Translational Scientist
The Pharmacology & Screening team is dedicated to accelerating the development of new therapies for cancer by leveraging the knowledge around our drug candidates.
Your main responsibilities:
- Works in matrix organization in close collaboration with other Translational Medicine functions (DMPK, Preclinical Safety and Diagnostics/Personalized Medicine) to characterize the pharmacological properties of our drug candidates:
- Represents the Translational Pharmacology function in the Translational Medicine Project Teams;
- May represent the Translational Medicine function in the global Project Teams and lead a Translational Medicine Project Team (core team member).
- Manages laboratory-to-human research in Contract Research Organizations: designs, monitors, and reports the primary and secondary pharmacology studies performed:
- In vitro/in vivo pharmacology compounds selection and profiling, including off target characterization
- Proof of concept in vivo studies – PK/PD
- Mechanism of action studies
- Identification, method development/validation of clinical pharmacodynamic (PDy) biomarkers
- As clinical study team member
- Defines and manages the clinical translational PDy analyses (incl. blood and tissue biomarkers), data analyses and reporting according to GCPs and GCLPs
- Supports and advises the Clinical Research and Development team
- Contributes to the preparation of the pharmacology regulatory documentation (IDB, summaries for IND and IMPD, briefing documentation)
- May participate in interactions with Health Authorities.
- Participates in external scientific communications (publications, poster and oral presentations).
- PhD in relevant expertise area or equivalent in biomedical engineering
- More than 5 years demonstrated experience in Translational Pharmacology Research and drug development in oncology projects
- Experience in the pharma industry a strong asset
- In-depth knowledge in translational research in personalized oncology and basic knowledge of related disciplines including histopathology, bioanalytics, pharmacokinetics and PK/PD
- Knowledge of GCP, GCLP and ICH guidelines; animal welfare regulations; and cancer drug development and regulations
- Very good IT and analytical skills incl. advanced graphical explorations (R statistical software and image analysis, a plus)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Fluent in English
- Project management experience
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to influence through the matrix, demonstrated assertiveness and impact in communication
Debiopharm can offer you:
- An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.