R&D Financial Controller
Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Controlling team based in Lausanne we are looking for a:
R&D Financial Controller
Within the Finance & Administration department, the mission of Controlling is to provide our top management with detailed financial analysis, scenario & reporting to support decisions making and help reaching the company’s objectives.
You are responsible for all financial controlling activities within drug development throughout the full life of the project, from in licensing activities, development up to business valuation. Being a key partner and contributor across a highly matrixed, cross-functional project community, you support the R&D activities by shaping and owning reporting processes. You participate in the acquistions and licensing activities by representing Finance for projects valuations.
Your main responsabilities
- Lead the R&D financial planning and reporting : work closely with PMO by providing proactive support on budgeting and forecasting processes, costs monitoring, quarterly closing and reporting, as well as act as a finance business partner on R&D activities.
- Own and deliver quarterly financial reporting to Project teams and Top Management.
- Provide financial & reporting expertise to the R&D teams, support and challenge them to implement efficiency initiatives.
- Pro-actively enhance the reporting processes and tools to enable a more effective decision making on development activities.
- Develop specific financial reports for grants requirements
- Collaborate with Business and PMO on projects valuation simulations using rNPV tools, ensure alignment with objectives of all stakeholders and track the value creation vs target.
- Own the R&D reporting module of our ERP.
- Management of outsourcing KPIs.
- Deliver support to the Controlling Services on various tasks.
Being an excellent communicator is essential for the success in this role, including communicating numbers and data to non-financial people. You are motivated by working in a fast-paced environment and by discovering new ways to optimize processes and tools?
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- Min. 5 years of experience working with project controlling in the R&D pharma industry
- Solid expertise in developing financial processes in budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning, driving alignment across multiple functions
- Experience building and coordinating project valuations scenarios
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Used to daily work with an ERP, MS Office Excel super user, MS Project is a plus
- Fluency in English and French
- Ability to manage complexity and deliver high quality results under time constraints
Debiopharm can offer you
- An international and highly dynamic environment, with a long term vision.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
If you fit this profile please send your application
For more information : www.debiopharm.com